The assessment of our students provides a means of measuring their progress as well as our own. Beginning October 11th, all students will be given the MEAP assessment required by the state. The testing schedule is as follows:
October 11th- Reading Part 1
October 12th- Reading Part 2
October 13th- Writing Part 1 (4th grade)
October 18th- Mathematics
October 19th- Writing Part 2 (4th grade) and Science (5th grade)
Most of the testing is scheduled for mornings. Please have your child in school on time and limit scheduling doctor appointments, etc. during testing times if at all possible.
Just as with daily work, we encourage students to do his/her personal best when completing these assignments. The following is a list of ways in which you can assist in promoting your child’s success:
- Make sure your child understands the importance of doing his/her best on the MEAP tests.
- Make sure your child is in school. Your child needs to be in attendance unless you child is ill.
- Your child needs to be to school on time. Testing begins first thing in the morning.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep and eats a healthy breakfast before coming.
- Encourage your child and let them know you believe they can do a great job during testing. A good attitude is very important when taking tests.
The testing period will end on October 28th. We expect to receive the testing results midway through the school year. The testing scores are a means of assessing school curriculum and student progress. Please assist us in our efforts to have each student perform at his/her personal best.