Ludington Area School District Employee Handbook
Support Staff Openings
Substitute Bus Driver Openings
For more information on substitute bus driving opportunities please call Ms. Deb Wilsey, Transportation Supervisor, 231-845-3890 or email email@example.com.
Child Nutrition Program Substitute Openings
For more information on substitute opportunities in the Child Nutrition Center please call Mrs. Donna Garrow, Child Nutrition Program Supervisor, Ludington Area School District, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431 at 231-845-7303 extension 2041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakeview School 1.25 Hour Aide Position
General Supervision:1.25 hours recess and cafeteria. Tentative times: 11:15-12:30. Apply in writing to Mrs. Amber Kowatch, Lakeview Principal, Ludington Area Schools, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431 or email email@example.com by 3PM on August 25, 2017. Posting will remain open until it has been filled.
Franklin Aide 6.0 Hour Position
General student supervision, working with a special needs student, working in classrooms with students, candidate must be highly qualified. CPI training required or a willingness to become CPI trained. Duties include supervision of students and the redirection of student behavior and attention and the provision of sensory breaks for a special needs student. Apply in writing to Jan Jackoviak, Principal, Franklin Elementary, 809 E Tinkham Avenue, Ludington MI 49431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is 3 PM on Friday, September 22, 2017.
Substitute Support Staff Opportunities
For more information on substituting for support staff positions please call Mary Jo Heyse, Personnel Specialist, Ludington Area School District, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431 at 231-845-7303 extension 2831 or email email@example.com.
Schedule A Teaching Position for the 2017-2018 School Year
Foster Elementary 3rd Grade Teacher
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Establish classroom a structure that values positive relationships through intentional implementation of the district curriculum.
- Support non-academic needs, through the student support network district system, of all students in order to remove barriers that interfere with academic success.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
Must be Michigan Teacher Certified and Highly Qualified. Special consideration will be given for the following areas: Teacher strength in student management and grade level curriculum; Ability to work within the Professional Learning Communities. Interviews are anticipated to be the week of October 9th. Position will begin November 6, 2017.
Include: Letter of application, resume, three letters of recommendation or credential packet, copy of transcripts and Michigan teaching certification. Email all application materials in one PDF to Mr. Brian Dotson, Foster Elementary Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6th, 2017.
Schedule B Openings 2017-2018 School Year
JV Boys Basketball Coach
Freshman Boys Basketball Coach
Freshman Girls Basketball Coach
Apply in writing via email email@example.com to Randy Fountain, Athletic Director, Ludington Area Schools, 809 East Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, Michigan. For more information contact Mr. Fountain in the Athletic Office at 231-845-3811. Deadline to apply is 3PM on September 5, 2017.
**Postings will remain open until positions have been filled.
Information for Substitute Teachers
Please visit MyPESG or call 866-782-7277 for more information.
Thank you for your interest in Ludington Area Schools! The Ludington Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, sex, height, weight, marital status, or disabling condition. The Ludington Board of Education has adopted policies which support the regulations of Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974.